Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My FB Account Was LOCKED!

Hi again.. I made this post to tell you all my experience in case it's useful for anybody in a similar situation. I know that there are many out there just like me.. Recently, my FB account was locked. Gratefully I managed to recover my my FB account.

Before I proceed to: how I unlocked my FB account, I just want everyone know what are reasons that leads to this problem. Just to name a few, sending friend requests in bulk, posting unauthorized commercials/spams, sharing intellectual holdings like pictures or videos, accessing FB account from different device or from different IP address, somebody tried to enter your account without being authorized (an attempt to hack) and so on... Maybe someone even send/falsely send a report to FB to block your account.. Haha.


For me, I have two FB account. One is for personal purpose (to socialize with family and friends), and the other one is for business.. The problematic account is the business one.. Just before FB locked this FB account, I was editing the description for photos that I've uploaded. At that very time, my internet connection was very very slow (I'm using broadband connection)..but I'm not sure if this has cause the problem. I was editing description for batch of photos, one by one.. But whenever I saved the newly edited description ( for 1 photo only), all the other photos (its description) inside the album was also edited! I thought this must have something to do with my bad connection (sending bad request to FB server).. So, it definitely looked like I was sending spam! Huhu~ After that, I cannot enter my account (I was logged in but unable to use the features as everything was locked) and saw this FB prompt: "For security reasons your account is temporarily locked".

Maybe having two or more FB accounts can also leads to this problem. Even though you're using different email address to sign up for the account, they may also track you from your IP address, and see if there are links between all your account. What I'm saying here, FB do not allow people having too many FB account as its already stated in their policy that FB account is intended for individual REAL people. You should use your very own name to register and share REAL information. I know that this is good to avoid people from cheating when using this social networking. But somehow I smell something fishy about 'sharing REAL information' over the internet (I have my own principle, not to share my real name or other private information when using social networking).. They're so worried about fake accounts and yet there are so many FB accounts that uses fake names. Why aren't those getting shut down? Plus, I do not agree with the unlocking process; asking you to give them your government identification so that they can make sure that you're YOU, the real owner of the account. It is not relevant, how can they even tell that the ID given was legit just by looking into names, date of birth and picture?? Even those hackers can provide false ID.. There are plenty of logic ways in identifying FB owner. How can they identify me if I registered my FB account as Black Widow and what if I haven't upload any pictures of mine into FB?? What is their purpose actually? I tell you more about this later..

Okay, lets just proceed to the unlocking mission.. Once I saw the prompt, I expect that this is really temporary, and I should just wait for them to unlock my FB account. I've waited for 5 days but still no luck. I may have attempt to log in into my account, and I think because of this..FB extend the lock duration. I was feeling so furious at that time because inside that FB account, I have a business page that I created and I really want to interact with my new 'likers'.. XD
I fill in the form given in the url: http://www.facebook.com/help/contact/logout?id=260749603972907. However, I only get standard automaticaly generated reply from their server (read below screenshot, click to enlarge)..

So I emailed to this address: info+1lw5bpy.aeasasl4rdrs2@support.facebook.com, asking them the reason why my FB account was locked, and how can I access my account back.. I also told him that I cannot provide this kind of identification, plus I didn't use my real name to register for this FB account. And this is the reply:
After reading this email, I was getting more and more furious, almost mad.. Huhu~ I already created a page inside this account, and I told them about this in previous email. I really don't want to give my government ID, so I just give my school ID (past ID, I don't use it anymore, and I already cover up all the other unnecessary info, giving my real name is already too much.. huh.) and also the copy of my business license (again, I covered all the unrelated info, just showing my name and business name which I use to register my FB account).. I said to them, if this procedure failed again..please just remove the account..I will definitely make new one, or two, or three.. hmmm..

So, they replied.. Thankfully, they accepted the effort. See the screenshot below for the reply..
I clicked the link provided, and I get new email, and I was brought to a new screen for the unlocking process... They told me to convert my profile to a page. But I have different plan. What's important, I must unlock my account first...
The email with unlock instruction

Step 1: FB asked me to change my account password

Step 2: FB asked me to verify email account


Step 3: FB asked me to review changes in account
Successfully unlocked FB account

Before this, they've also told me to log in into account from a computer I've used before. But no success. I still have to email them and ask them to unlock my account. In return they ask me my ID (ridiculous).. Social networking is not just for socializing anymore, they have their own mission I guess, the hidden agenda.. Dear Mark Zuckerberg, if you read my post, I'm suggesting that you think of other intelligent, logic, and acceptable ways of unlocking FB account. You're so genius for getting almost all people in the world using your creation. This is actually a powerful platform for powerful person, not only for socializing purpose, but also for bigger plan. Anyway, thanks FB team for unlocking my account. I already disable the account, I only need my page to work, and I already appoint someone to administrate the pity little page.. Having too many FB account is a real mess for me. Peace, no war... XD



2 comments:

  1. info+1lw5bpy.aeasasl4rdrs2@support.facebook.com - Is this really the address? XD Lol, so long.

    Anyway, I email'd them, hopefully they will reply as soon as possible cause I'm kinda mad too x) They locked my account for no reason, I believe. Thing is, when I change the password to unlock my account, it says that I can log in and that my information has been restored. However, if I try this, it still won't work and it will sent me back to the old error 'Your account is temporarily blocked', etc. Which I find pretty awkward, but I'm sure it's just a FB error, and they will eventually ask me for my ID, which I will freakin' give it to them, so they could just freakin' unblock my damn account already. If I see no reply, I am just going to resend the email to them. After how many days did they reply to you, if you don't mind me asking? xD. -.-

    Thanks for the help, I hope it will work =D And if it will, I love you forever, lol. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi x.Schwarz.Neko,

    Yes, that was the email that I used to communicate with them regarding this matter. Haha.. Long huh?

    BTW, they replied me after 1 or 2 days (if i'm not mistaken) after I'm sending them my frustration. You can refer to the first and second images in this post. ^^

    Hope they will reply u & unblock ur account (without asking for ur gov.ID).. In my case, my FB name was not my real name.. Plus I used the FB acc to represent a business (my unintended fault.. huhu~).. They asked me to show them my ID + my business info.. Only by doing that they agree to unlock my FB acc.. (weird unacceptable way..grrr.)

    Good luck to u.. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...